ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR GSM's FORMULA #18 CLINICAL TRIAL
To be eligible for the Clinical Trial, the participant must meet all of the following conditions.
1. Participant is not taking hydantoin therapy for epilepsy or other disorders including the drugs:
(a) ethotoin (e.g., brand name Peganone)
(b) mephenytoin (e.g., brand name Mesantoin)
(c) phenytoin (e.g., brand name Dilantin)
2. Participant does not have the following medical conditions:
(a) glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency
(b) iron overload (hemosiderosis or hemochromatosis)
(c) kidney failure
(d) history of surgery
to small intestines
(e) history of kidney stones
3. Participant does not have a history of gallstones.
4. Participant does not have allergies to any of the following:
Foods: Carrots, kelp, ketchup, mushrooms (any kind), seaweed, soybeans, soy sauce, spaghetti sauce, tea, and tomatoes
Spices: Cinnamon, coriander, curry, garlic, turmeric
5. Participant has not had previous adverse reactions to any dietary supplement.
6. Participant does not take anticoagulants such as anisindione (brand name Miradon) or warfarin(e.g., brand name Coumadin).
7. Participant is not undergoing current therapy for cancer with surgery, radiation, or chemotherapy.
8. Participant is not pregnant, not breast-feeding a child, and not under 18 years of age.
9. Participant completed GSM's General Cancer Risk Questionnaire and has an identified increased relative risk level.
10. Participant confirms the information about the conditions requested above, confirms he/she has not been informed by his/her health care professional that participation in this study is contradicted in any way, and if participant has had cancer, the participant is informed the GSM Medical Advisory Form must be completed before beginning the trial.